Lesson of passion
What is Passion, and How To Use It In Your Business
A lesson of passion by Challa S.S.J. Ram Phani
"One person with passion is better than forty people merely interested." - E. M. Forster
Legends are made of these qualities. They do not just strive to become successful but to firmly leave their footprints on the sands of time. A job is not a job for them but a synonym for passion.
Mother Teresa, Mahatma Gandhi, Thomas Alva Edison, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Jagadish Chandra Bose, Nelson Mandela, Dalai Lama, John Lennon, Ramanujan and many more who served mankind with their innate talent and taught the basic lesson of passion of their respective fields.
If you just initiate any action keeping an eye on the earnings, you may not be able to excel in delivering the results.
Do or die attitude is the signal of passion and this kind of people go to any extent to achieve what they want with fire in their belly as infinite inspiration for success.
A passionate personality always strives hard to achieve success consistently, so that he will be always on the circuit of success rather than in the fraternity of failures. Failure and success are the two sides of the same coin of life.
Passion towards your work, compassion towards your team which assists you in delivering the results and performance to excel from time to time are the three success mantras of people with never say die attitude.
Then, how to apply these qualities and lesson of passion to enjoy professional and personal success?
- To develop passion, one has to develop keen interest in the field which he has identified as core interest, which will motivate to develop his core competence.
- Once you identify and develop your core competence, it will lead you towards success in your field of action.
- Your compassion towards your team will enhance team spirit and motivate them to perform and deliver better results. Punishment oriented manipulation will always de-motivate your team; instead you have to act with result oriented compassion to manage people effectively and avoid punishing them for every small mistake they commit during their course of completion of task.
- Your management style of people will enhance the performance levels of your team. If your performance is compassionate oriented instead of pressure tactics in the name of follow up; you may end up just spoiling the mood of your team members, instead of getting the things done.
- People are always ready to perform, but the manager has to manage them effectively to extract results and meet the organizational goals.
Finally, passion, compassion and performance oriented management will enhance the abilities of you as a Manager as well as the enhancement of your team members. So what is passion for you? Decide for yourself… 'Perform or Perish'!
The author is a Senior HR Professional, HR Consultant, Career Management Consultant, Soft Skills Trainer and Founder CEO of aimkaam consultrainers, Hyderabad. Contact me for your Campus Recruitment Training Programs and Leadership Development Programs. You can reach me at email@example.com
From lesson of passion to small business ideas
From lesson of passion to Home Page